Historical Home Tour IV

For some reason, I overlooked taking a picture of the outside of this home! However, I did take a picture of the outside entryway. So cottagey and sweet! Love the little bench, pavers, and plants.

Another simple, but becoming home. The use of salvaged architectural pieces is always a drawing factor for me. We have some old windows, that have moved with us from our first home, I'm thinking of hanging above our humongous fireplace.
Sorry for the blurry kitchen photo. Small as cottages go, but lots of storage and homey.
The owners tied in the old blue tile so nicely with their choice of fabric.


These flash cards make a very cute banner for a child's room.

The nursery was so sweet and without a "theme" that a child would outgrow.

I had seen these letters at Target this last Valentine's and liked them a lot. I just wasn't sure what to do with them, so I was elated to see an example of how they could be used. I know the frames were also from Target and their Simply Shabby Chic line by Rachel Ashwell. Now I have so many ideas using frames! I hadn't ever thought about removing the backs.
I hope you enjoyed your time here today and that you might go away with a new idea or two!

7 comments:

Trudi said...

What a very cool idea. I have two frames with no backs that I have wreaths hanging in. I got the idea off of HGTV about 5 years ago and their still one of my favorite decorations in our living room. Love this, will have to think about where I micht use this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

I loved looking at your home tours. I just added your blog to my list of favorites on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm green with envy that you live somewhere with homes like this. I'm going to go cry over my ugly SW style stucco.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Anita, I just love the pictures you've posted...such lovely homes with great decorating ideas! Thank you for sharing these with all of us.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Anita, love your home tours. Thanks so much for sharing with us all. I've seldom been in a home that I didn't come away with at least one good idea!

Love your blog!

Stephanie

bethy said...

thanks for the home tours - great stuff :)

S and D said...

I love the ABC card idea. VERY cute!