Deep Breath

It's time for me to take a deep breath and relax for a minute. My computer is unplugged and so I'm borrowing my husband's laptop.

The house is in horrible disarray! We've been painting the dining room so all the dining room furniture is crammed into my oldest son's room (he's in AZ visiting grandparents). We've been trying to finish up our kitchen and get it painted so the kitchen stuff is in the living room. When my husband came home last night, he got the bug to finish up! We were taping, filling holes, and prepping till 12:30 this morning. I was so tired, I finally crawled into bed with my clothes still on. Sometime during the night I woke up long enough to slip into my pajamas. Then he was up early this morning covering the floor and spraying.

And did I tell you that we have friends coming over this afternoon and more people coming tomorrow to spend the night? Ugh! You know they're true friends if they're willing to return after seeing such messes!

We've had a lot of rain this last week here in the Northwest. It has been so refreshing after our heat spell last week, but I'm ready for another bout of sunshine!

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend enjoying what you're doing!
I'll leave you with a few pictures from the Washington State Capitol in Olympia. When we drive on I-5 through the city, it peeks it's dome over the trees much like this. So the kids are always asking when we can go see it up close and personal. No better time than on a rainy day! I was in it once before with my oldest and was excited about a second visit. If you're ever in town, it's great to visit. It's amazing inside - so ornate and beautiful! It had been renovated after the big earthquake we had here in 2001 (the first earthquake I'd ever been in and worthy of it's own blog).

The man whom our great state is named after!

Looking up inside the dome - pink marble columns and all!

One of many chandeliers/lanterns created by Tiffany's when they still made them for state capitols.

1 comment:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You will feel so good when it's all done! It's gotta get worse before it gets better (I hate that part!). Your friends will understand!