Cupcake Swap



I am a huge fan of bloggers who post frequently (not that I don't enjoy others) and have made a resolution to try to do so myself.

A lot of yesterday was spent on a quest to find cupcake themed items for a swap I'm doing. I signed up for it at the last minute (and would put a link to it, but haven't figured that one out yet) and so I'm trying to make up for lost time! It's my first swap and therefore exciting, but worrisome. I want so much for the recipient to love what I send! So with that in mind, I feel like what I've found so far is something I'd love to receive from a swap partner. I took pictures this morning, but can't post them yet in case she comes a-lookin'. Well, except the ones of the ric-rac.

I found this lovely vintage ric-rac at an antique store a while back. I feel so lucky! Isn't it so sweet??? It was extremely hard for me to open the package, but with 36 yards of it, I ought to not be so stingy! And it will go so well with what I'm putting together. You'll see in a few days... There's a teaser to the right in the top photo.

Oh yes...did you realize how hard it is to find cupcake things when you are looking specifically for them? I thought it'd be easy, but every place I went yesterday when sales clerks asked me if they could help me, noone had cupcake items! Hmmm...guess it makes the search more fun, but I'm on a deadline here!

I'm out on the side porch listening to the sweet sounds of birdsong...my toes are a wee bit cold, though. Happy Wednesday!

PS Thank you dear ones who have left me welcoming thoughts and comments. Now I know someone is reading me!


2 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I am so anxious to see your pictures whenever you are able to post them!

Cindy said...

Hi Anita, thanks for your comment on my blog. My dad made that birdhouse table for me in the early 1990s. I can see you are off to a great start with your new blog. I can tell it's going to great just by your first 3 posts! Love that ric-rac.