Luggage

When my mom was up visiting us a couple of years ago, she and I visited the local thrift shop. I fell in love with this cute train case (or at least that's what I've called them) and she bought it for me. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of all my aunts. When growing up, I remember each one of them having one of these and I'm sure my mom did as well. Any time they'd come to visit, I remember these as being part of their luggage. I wonder if they still have theirs. . . .
I can think of a hundred different uses for this and yet haven't settled on one. I'm thinking I'll turn it into a "sewing basket". Or maybe I will use it as it was intended - luggage when I travel. Love the blue color! And it even has its original tray.

Does anyone know if that's considered lucite?

Only 1 1/2 days of school left - wow! What are your summer plans?

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cuteness in blue!
XOXO
Rochelle

Melinda said...

I can see why you fell in love with it! Lovely.

My Mom likes to buy me things when we go thrifting too and I always love the things she buys me as they remind me of her.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Mine doesn't have the tray but, honestly, and you're going to laugh at this...I still use mine whenever we travel! I know, it's pretty outdated but it still works beautifully for me. Enjoy yours!

Aspiemom said...

I used to have a blue one like that, only it didn't have a tray. Perfume spilled in it somehow and it was never the same.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anita, I'm Holly! I know I've been here before so if I'm introducing myself twice, please laugh at me! ☺

My mom had a case like this but not such a pretty blue. Yours is lovely! I'm not sure what they are made of...

BTW, I'm originally from Enumclaw so I always like to say Hi to Washington bloggers. ♥

Kelli said...

Love it! I found one at Sally's last year. Mine is a plastic on the outside, your's looks like fabric. I'm going to be decoupaging (sp?) the outside with vintage pics and pics of roses. :)