The Perfect Fit

Don't you love it when something works out better than you could have planned it to? I haven't hung my 2008 Gooseberry Patch calendar because I wanted it hung in the kitchen but couldn't find a good place. Then a couple of weeks ago - TaDa! The Perfect Fit - and the place had been there all along. Who knew?? Sometimes we just need to walk away and when we come back, we see things with "new eyes". This little spot under some of my open shelves was sooo perfect. Just the right size needed and all! Now I'm thinking of painting the wood frame - just not sure of the color...or maybe the contrast of the natural wood is fine.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little place for your calendar.
I can see it painted, but with the wood tone it fits very well when you have all the gingerbread things on the shelves. xo, Mom

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

I've never heard of a Gooseberry Patch Calendar. It looks really cute...I'll have to click on your link to get more details. I know you didn't ask but if it were me, I'd paint the frame white so that the frame doesn't compete with the calendar's art.

Kathleen Grace said...

Pretty calendar:>) I have one of those frames and I really like it, it just makes the calendar look so much neater.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a great surprise I got when I came to visit you! Your blog looks wonderful and cupcakes, so perfect. Just love the calender and of course, love your red. I'm waiting for garages sales also. Still snow covered where I live!

PattieJ said...

That looks so pretty! Every time I get a peek of your kitchen I wish I had painted our kitchen white and got white cabinets instead of cream. oh well...

Pattie

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Yup, looks like a perfect fit to me too! LOVELY.

Blessings,

Sher

Southern Heart said...

It looks very nice there...it definitely is a perfect fit!

Anita said...

did you ever paint the frame? I'd go for red. (or white like someone else said)